The Longest Day is fast-approaching, but you still have the opportunity to participate! Need a last minute suggestion? Here are some ways to get involved:
- Buffalo Wild Wings in Lynnwood is doing an all day give-back on June 21. Print off this ticket and bring it to the restaurant. Does not work at other locations.
- All three Washington state glassybaby stores will donate 10% of glassybaby and drinker sales June 21. Check their events calendar for a list of locations. If you can’t make it to a store, consider calling into the store nearest you and placing an order that can be shipped out. The shop in Madrona is also hosting “Light the Park” event, where you have the opportunity to pre-purchase a glassybaby and join a lighting ceremony in honor of someone you love.
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse will offer a free dessert to anyone who makes a donation at their restaurants on June 21. This offer is available at all locations, including those in Redmond, Southcenter, Puyallup and Tacoma. The BJ’s in Redmond is also hosting a fundraiser on June 25—simply bring in this flier when you dine and they will donate 20% of your purchase to the Alzheimer’s Association, Washington State Chapter.
- Attend the “Light the Stacks” event at the Steam Plant in Spokane the evening of June 20. You can learn more about our work in Eastern Washington, while enjoying some delicious drinks and hors d’oeuvres. The Stacks will go purple at 8 p.m. to raise awareness for Alzheimer’s.
- Register for The Lake Chelan Memory Cup, taking place in Chelan on Saturday, June 23. Join David Kirtman and other former Seattle Seahawks as they team up to fight Alzheimer’s!
As always, you can create a team by visiting alz.org/TheLongestDay. Do what you love in honor of the people you love, while raising funds and awareness for Alzheimer’s!